Monday, February 11, 2013

Rocking Chair on the Range

I don't care if it's a parody.
Sometimes I despise my own cynicism. Seriously, why can’t I just enjoy what corporate America rams down my throat instead of picking it apart like an adolescent shithead? Probably because I am an adolescent and now I’m a manic one, talking to myself on my blog.

But my neurosis is not the point here. At least not the main one. The point is how vibrant and fresh things are in the music biz right now. Take, for example, Rock on the Range. The festival held in my state of Ohio (city of C-bus) on May 17th, 18th and 19th is probably the closest we’ll get to those beautiful metal festivals in Europe. Some of the bands on the lineup for Rock on the Range 2013 are The Sword, Lamb of God, In Flames, Clutch, and Ghost B.C. (formerly known as just Ghost before the lawyers got involved).

Some of the other bands on the lineup for Rock on the Range 2013 are Three Days Grace, Papa Roach, Sick Puppies, Bush, and Steel Panther. Really?

Did I mention that weekend tickets are ONLY $149 before Ticketmaster fees and $170.95 after? Looking at the “headliners” (copy/pasted from Lollapalooza 92) I now understand why Eddie Vedder isn’t dragging his boys to the “Range”.

No comments:

Post a Comment