Monday, November 4, 2013

The Book of Paul trailer for the bestselling horrror novel by Richard Long

The Book of Paul is one of the best books I’ve ever read. I’ve said that unequivocally since I finished reading it a few months ago. Since that time, I’ve interviewed author Richard Long and we’ve discovered a shared passion in the dark, visceral, craft of storytelling. As a musician and a writer, I know the effect sound can have on it (scary movies, anyone?). Richard has been working on a trailer for The Book of Paul and he asked if I’d be interested in helping him do the sound design for it. I immediately began creating and arranging the audio textures, many of which you can hear in the final cut of the trailer.

I believe in Richard and I love The Book of Paul. If you haven’t read it, you need to do so and then you need to review it on Amazon. In the meantime, let’s get Long’s trailer noticed by Hollywood and cross our fingers that someday soon we’ll see the likes of Paul on the big screen. All it takes is a click.

Enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment