Monday, December 30, 2013

Stick a fork in 2013.

It’s almost 2014 which means it’s time to get your fill of 2013’s best and worst. Like the triple chocolate candy cane soup made by Aunt Etna, the “best of” and “worst of” lists look appealing but do nothing but make you nauseous. Instead, I thought I’d share what I have in store for you in 2014, dear reader.

I plan on starting up my email list again and the reboot is going to be much more personal than previous versions. Plus, if you let me infiltrate your inbox you’ll get free stuff and exclusive material to make all the neighbors jealous. And if you don’t want to read it, don’t read. No harm, right? Sign up right here:


J. Thorn Mailing List





Email & Social Media Marketing by VerticalResponse

I can’t tell you about my most exciting project planned for 2014 or I’d have to kill you. It is a major collaboration and promises to make you pee your pants in horrific glory. As soon as I can announce this I will. For now, you’ll have to accept the tease.

I will be finishing the Portal Arcane series in 2014 and I’ll have more detail on that next week. You’ll have some say on when and if that series comes to a conclusion. I’ve also decided to dust off an old manuscript and turn it into something very unique. I’m already feeling that this could be the “epic fantasy for people that don’t like epic fantasy,” fantasy. In other words, you’ll be getting a dose of supernatural esoteric horror set in a world of epic fantasy. This could be The Dark Tower of the J. Thorn catalog.

Suck it, 2013.

Thanks to all who entered Holiday Giveaway 2013 and congratulations to the winners.

Winners!

11 comments:

  1. I just wanted to take a moment and thank you for the $20.00 gift card that I won, needless to say: I was thrilled and shocked.
    Of course I had to check out a book by Author J Thorn and I am in the process of reading 'Preta's Realm' and I'm looking forward to leaving a great review.
    I am happy to have won but more so: I am happy to have met a fellow Author and fellow readers. Have a great New Year guys...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for the gift card! I have no doubt it will be going toward more reading material ;) Happy new year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for the gift card! I hope you have a happy and successful new year!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you very much for the gift card I won and the quick fulfillment of it! I really appreciate it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! I am so surprised I won that signed copy of one of your books! I mostly entered to support another one of your endeavors, not really thinking I'd win anything, so this is a most pleasant surprise!! Thank you very much!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks so much for the signed copy of The Seventh Seal...am really looking forward to reading it...I finished Preta's Realm in record time and am looking forward to the rest of your catalogue...here's to a prosperous 2014!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats to you all and thanks to everyone who entered. If you didn't win keep watching the blog. I have more giveaways planned for 2014, including free kittens!

    [Totally a lie. I'm NOT giving away free kittens.]

    ReplyDelete
  8. I want to thank J for the signed copy of Reversion: The Inevitable Horror. I never win anything -making this extremely cool. It's too bad you're not giving away kittens. I happen to be looking for a female seal-point Siamese kitten. Needs to have an Egyptian face, not an Apple-Head. Are you sure you don't have one J? Thanks again for the book. ; )

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks, Leandra. You'll have to settle for the signed book. Sorry, no kittens ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I feel like such a dick for not posting here before now, and would have felt like a real D-Bag if we haven't talked at all since the contest!
    Mega-huge THANK YOU's & {{huggs}} for the Amazon gift card! That is the most perfect gift for people like me, except for the panic attacks that come with it! Books are my drug of choice!! Never enough - ALWAYS wanting more!

    A shout-out to all the other winners, too!!
    *** Suzanne S., Andrew L., Elena I., Shannon M., Thomas M., Brandy Y., Leandra H., and Mike K.!!
    It's the perfect beginning to a great new year!!
    xxoo
    Becki ~ Shadow Girl

    ReplyDelete
  11. No worries, Becki. You're not a dick ;)

    ReplyDelete